(Ages 3 – Grade 6)
We are committed to establishing a lifelong faith in children by supporting parents in connecting children to God and the greater family of faith and modeling a life lived for Jesus Christ.
At MorningStar, we seek to do this in a variety of ways.
Children’s Growth Groups – Sundays @ 9 AM
Caring leaders meet with our younger brothers and sisters in Christ to teach and apply the great truths of God. We have chosen to use the Children Desiring God curriculum where we can be intentional about teaching the truth of God’s Word to children. Our leaders are also committed to connecting with you on a weekly basis so you can thoughtfully engage your child and further train them in God’s Word. So you can know what to expect, check out the breakdown of what your child will be learning during a given two-year cycle here at MorningStar. (Your child will be escorted to the Worship Activity Center for a time of children’s singing where you will be reunited prior to the start of the service.)
- He Established a Testimony: Themes from the OT for young children
- He Has Spoken by His Son: NT stories for young children
- Jesus, What a Savior: A study on redemption
- The ABCs of God: A study on the greatness and worth of God
- Faithful to All His Promises: A study on the promises of God
- In the Beginning…Jesus: A chronological study of redemptive history
- To Be Like Jesus: A study on following Jesus
- How Majestic Is Your Name: A study on the names and character of God
- My Purpose Will Stand: A study on the providence of God
- Abiding in Jesus: a study on trusting Jesus and encouraging others
Kingdom Kids – Sundays @ 10:30 AM
All generations meet in the Worship Activity Center (WAC) for our worship service. After a time of singing, prayer, and announcements, children Ages 3-6 are dismissed to our children’s area for a mini-worship service of their own. They learn and recite Scripture, pray, sing, hear a children’s sermon, and participate in fun application activities as a way to prepare these youngest to be in “big church.” Kingdom Kids is our way of co-laboring with you to prepare your child to sit and participate in the main worship service. With that in mind, we have structured the program like that of a “mini” worship service. So, you’re child will experience something like the following:
- A welcome and greeting time where they learn to look people in the eyes, shake hands, and greet one another respectfully.
- Work on memorizing a passage of Scripture like The Lord’s Prayer and Psalm 23.
- Singing using music videos with hand motions to get the whole body involved in the worship.
- Taking up an offering.
- A response time for the children which may include going over the plan of salvation.
- Sharing prayer requests and praying for one another.
- An activity for application of the sermon topic which may involve crafts, games, or other creative methods.
When the worship service is completed, then you can come back to receive your children at the door marked “Kingdom Kids” and hear what your children have learned and share what you have learned with them! (You can plan to pick up your child at the appropriate door immediately following the worship service.)
NOTE: On the first Sunday of the month, all children Age 3 - Grade 5 are invited to attend a special Children's Church. For more information on our worship program, check out the brochures at our Welcome Desk.
Children’s Bulletins – Sundays @ 10:30 AM
We have our children (Ages 7 – 17) participate in the worship service with the greater family of faith. To assist parents in training their children to listen and be engaged, we provide bulletins as listening guides that relate directly to the message including thoughts of how to apply the message to their lives. (You can plan to pick up a bulletin for your child from one of the ushers in the worship center.)
Children in Action (CiA) - Sundays @ 6:00 PM
In Children in Action, we seek to be intentional about pursuing the Great Commission—to make disciples. Our desire is to make our children aware of the needs around us, develop a heart of compassion, and take action to be sure others see, hear and respond to Jesus. Children can join at any time, and they can also choose to register for the program to take part in earning badges related to the projects they complete throughout the CiA year (September - April).
As members of Children in Action, we...
- Pray for missions
- Give to missions
- Learn about missions
- Do missions
- Give to missions
...through the power of Christ (Philippians 4:13)!