(Ages 3 – Grade 6)
We are committed to establishing a lifelong faith in children by supporting parents in connecting children to God and the greater family of faith and modeling a life lived for Jesus Christ.
At MorningStar, we seek to do this in a variety of ways.
Children’s Growth Groups – Sundays @ 9 AM
Caring leaders meet with our younger brothers and sisters in Christ to teach and apply the great truths of God. We have chosen to use the Children Desiring God curriculum where we can be intentional about teaching the truth of God’s Word to children. Our leaders are also committed to connecting with you on a weekly basis so you can thoughtfully engage your child and further train them in God’s Word. So you can know what to expect, check out the breakdown of what your child will be learning during a given two-year cycle here at MorningStar. (Your child will be escorted to the Worship Activity Center for a time of children’s singing where you will be reunited prior to the start of the service.)
- He Established a Testimony: Themes from the OT for young children
- He Has Spoken by His Son: NT stories for young children
- Jesus, What a Savior: A study on redemption
- The ABCs of God: A study on the greatness and worth of God
- Faithful to All His Promises: A study on the promises of God
- In the Beginning…Jesus: A chronological study of redemptive history
- To Be Like Jesus: A study on following Jesus
- How Majestic Is Your Name: A study on the names and character of God
- My Purpose Will Stand: A study on the providence of God
- Abiding in Jesus: a study on trusting Jesus and encouraging others
Kingdom Kids – Sundays @ 10:30 AM
All generations meet in the Worship Activity Center (WAC) for our worship service. After a time of singing, prayer, and announcements, children Ages 3-6 are dismissed to our children’s area for a mini-worship service of their own. They learn and recite Scripture, pray, sing, hear a children’s sermon, and participate in fun application activities as a way to prepare these youngest to be in “big church.” Kingdom Kids is our way of co-laboring with you to prepare your child to sit and participate in the main worship service. With that in mind, we have structured the program like that of a “mini” worship service. So, you’re child will experience something like the following:
- A welcome and greeting time where they learn to look people in the eyes, shake hands, and greet one another respectfully.
- Work on memorizing a passage of Scripture like The Lord’s Prayer and Psalm 23.
- Singing using music videos with hand motions to get the whole body involved in the worship.
- Taking up an offering.
- A children’s sermon that you can follow up with by checking www.sermons4kids.com.
- A response time for the children which may include going over the plan of salvation.
- Sharing prayer requests and praying for one another.
- An activity for application of the sermon topic which may involve crafts, games, or other creative methods.
When the worship service is completed, then you can come back to receive your children at the door marked “Kingdom Kids” and hear what your children have learned and share what you have learned with them! (You can plan to pick up your child at the appropriate door immediately following the worship service.)
Children’s Bulletins – Sundays @ 10:30 AM
We have our children (Ages 7 – 17) participate in the worship service with the greater family of faith. To assist parents in training their children to listen and be engaged, we provide bulletins as listening guides that relate directly to the message including thoughts of how to apply the message to their lives. (You can plan to pick up a bulletin for your child from one of the ushers in the worship center.)
Activate Kids - Sundays @ 6:00 PM
Sunday evenings are designed to activate faith in our children through a diversity of opportunities that launch their faith into real-time action. Each Sunday of the month is unique, featuring a slightly different focus with a unified purpose.
- 1st Sundays – Family Night: We will activate the faith of our natural and spiritual families by turning their hearts to one another (Malachi 4:6). We will provide a games and recreation time for Age 3 – Grade 5 while adults are trained to lead a simple Faith Talk and Faith Walk that they will in turn share in “family groups” to wrap up the night.
- 2nd Sundays – Theme Night: Children (Age 3 – Grade 5) will play and do activities together that will unite their souls to one another in the joy and fellowship of the Lord. Adults will have an opportunity at the end to continue fellowship, watch the children, or join in the fun!
- 3rd Sundays – Movie Night: Children (Age 3 – Grade 5) will engage their minds while watching a movie together and talking through the themes in the film compared to God’s Word.
- 4th Sundays – Dinner Night: We encourage our spiritual family to consider intentionally getting together with other brothers and sisters for a Faith Walk Dinner (FWD). This will be a time when all ages can meet in homes to renew their strength through food, fellowship, and encouragement in the Word. #If you have any questions about our children’s ministry, please contact the Family Pastor at 937-885-1206 ext. 12 or by email at email@example.com.