At MorningStar we believe that membership is an expression of our commitment to one another and the vision of MorningStar Baptist Church. It’s about joining a family that is united in our beliefs and purpose of drawing life from God and pointing others to Him.
We believe church membership is important for the following reasons:
- A commitment to a local church body is biblical and was the normal practice of the early New Testament church.
- It provides is with a place to use our spiritual gifts (Romans 12, 1 Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4).
- It gives us a spiritual community to support our growth as followers of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:42-47, Ephesians 5:21, Hebrews 10:24-25).
- It places us under the spiritual protection of church leaders (Acts 20:28, Hebrews 13:17).
- It communicates to other church members that we are committed to one another.
If you are interested in learning more about the membership process at MorningStar Baptist Church please contact the church office @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937.885.1206, or speak with the pastor before or at the conclusion of any service.